NARRAGANSETT, RHODE ISLAND — A man got his his head stuck in rocks Saturday while trying to reach his dropped cell phone.
According to WJAR NBC 10, the unlucky fellow got trapped all the way up to his chest when after he bent down to reach the phone on a rocky jetty in Narragansett, Rhode Island.
Firefighters tried for over two-and-half hours to pull the guy out, but to no avail. Then they got the bright idea to use olive oil. The firemen greased the man in the lubricant and were then able to free him.
The man suffered a minor foot injury and is in the hospital but is said to otherwise be in good shape.
A Narragansett Fire Department captain told WJAR NBC10 that they’ve received calls regarding similar incidents involving animals in the past, but never a human.
- Must Watch